Use over broccoli, or as a dip or serve with raw or steamed vegetables or use dry to season and flavour sauces, soups, and vegetables.
- ¾ cup raw cashew or whole raw almonds
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika or chili powder
- Place cashews, oats and sunflower seeds in a food processor and process for 2 or 3 minutes until finely ground. Scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula.
- Add the nutritional yeast flakes, arrow root, dry mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and paprika and process for 1 minute longer.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in a refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- To prepare the cheese sauce from the mix, whisk together ½ cup of the cheese sauce mix and 1 cup of water or soy/rice milk in a small sauce pan, and cook over a medium heat, whisking often for 2-3 minutes or until thickened.
- This makes 1 cup of cheese sauce.
- Good for vegans
- Serves 4 people
Get more free homemade recipe ideas on recipes site.