Chicken in Red wine sauce is a recipe I don’t really do often, as I’m not one to cook a lot with wine. However, we did this last night, and I have to say, it was really lovely.
Even the children loved it!
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
250 gm button Mushrooms
250 ml red wine1cup cooked rice
How to make chicken in red wine sauce:
- Mix the pepper, mustard, salt and red wine in a jug
- Place the chicken legs in a oven proof bowl ( one that has a lid)
- Chop the bacon up and place in the bowl
- Place the shallots and mushrooms in the bowl with the chicken
- Pour the wine sauce over the chicken
- Cover the bowl and place in a preheated oven at 180 deg C for 1.5 hours pan or until the chicken is done and the gravy is thick.
- serve hot on a bed of cooked rice.
- Also lovely served on cabbage with peas on the side