Luckily none of my family is dairy intolerant. Amazing, because as a child I drank so much milk I am amazed my body didn’t decide to rebel against me! Anyway, I do know a few friends who have babies and toddlers that are dairy intolerant and having a simple meal like pancakes sometimes is a real no-no. So, here is a great recipe for a non- dairy pancake. Enjoy!
Preparation and cooking time: 25mins
Good for vegetarians
Non dairy for dairy intolerant children or adults.
- 50g/2oz Rolled Oats
- 50g/2oz Plain Flour
- 50g/2oz Cornmeal (white or yellow)
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 360ml/12fl.oz. Water
- 3 Ripe Bananas, sliced
- Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Preheat the oven to very low. Place all the ingredients (apart from the fruit and oil) in a large mixing bowl and mix until well blended. Add the fruit and mix well.
2. Heat about 1 teaspoon of oil in a small frying pan until very hot the pour 1/4 of the batter mixture into the pan, swirling it around to cover the base evenly.
3. Reduce the heat and fry over low heat until the first side is lightly browned, then turn and fry on the other side until done.
4. Transfer to a warmed plate, cover loosely with foil and place in the oven to keep warm whilst you cook the remaining pancakes.