I forget how good this is. The kids have always loved this meal on a Sunday morning, but on a really lazy week night I offer this because it’s protein, calcium and carbs all in one package!!
8 slices bread (we use thick slice)
60 ml melted butter
160 ml milk
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, and milk. Beat well.
- Soak bread in egg mixture and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- If there is any dip left, you can drizzle it over the sticks.
- Bake for 25 minutes on middle rack of oven. Turn halfway through baking time.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve with syrup or tomato sauce
You can also flash freeze on cookie sheet, remove and place in a ziploc bag.
To reheat: place 3 sticks on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for 1 minute until warm. Serve with syrup.
Great for kids and finger foods.
BTW – Many people call this French Toast….