This is a great fresh salad which compliments hamburgers very well.
- Serves approximately 8
- Total Time to make: approx 15 minutes
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into halves
- 1 x red onion
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grain mustard
- 1 small bunch fresh tarragon, roughly chopped
- 3-4 spring onions
- Chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbs mayonainse ( I use Hellmans)
- 2 tbs cup Basic Vinaigrette
- Some people swear the best potato for this salad is the Jersey Royal, I’m not sure,but perhaps try them.
- Place the potatoes and salt in a medium pot and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork-tender, which is approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a serving dish.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette, mayonaise and mustard in a small bowl.
- Pour half the mixture over the hot potatoes, toss, and let stand for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, drizzle the remaining vinaigrette mixture over the potatoes, add the tarragon, spring onion, chopped onion, chives and pepper, and toss liberally.
- Serve as a side salad, or a quick snack for little one.
- If the spring onions are strong you may want to only add them to the adult’s portion as they can be quite difficult for little ones to handle taste wise.
It’s summer time, so make salads and enjoy the fresh taste they offer in this wonderful weather!