There is no better way to get the children interested in food an eating healthily, than to get them cooking. I started early, and made an effort to teach them how to cook their favourite meals. I have never been a Mum who indulged in ‘junk food’, but I am a Mum who thinks that good wholesome food is better than anything. However, some so called ‘junk foods’ are actually foods that can be made healthy , and can be enjoyed as a fun meal by the whole family.
Such a food is Pizza. Whilst I don’t often go out for pizza, and indeed never order it in, many a great Friday night is spent in the kitchen making pizza for ‘Family night’ –and then we all eat it together.
This is a home cooked Pizza Recipe which is easy to make.
This is how we do it:
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF/230ºC.
- Add 2 tsp. of dry yeast to lukewarm water (about 90ºF/32ºC), add salt, sugar, and oil. Then stir.
- Add one cup of flour, then remaining 2 cups of flour to the yeast mixture.
- Stir well with the spoon then put the dough onto a lightly floured counter and knead briefly until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Place onto greased cookie sheet and flatten, shaping into a round, flat pizza.
- Spread your pasta sauce and your cheese on the dough.
- Add as much sauce & cheese as you want.
- Add your favourite toppings if you want.
- Line your cookie sheet with the wax paper, just enough to cover the cookie sheet. Or, just layer your pan with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake the pizza for 20 minutes or until crust is a golden brown and cheese has melted.