This can be a finger food for the little ones, if you are brave. It’s a great way to use up extra boiled potatoes ( I always seem to cook too much!), and is a great fresh salad for summer.
- 6 New Potatoes cooked in their skin then peeled and cut any old way
- 1/2 red Onion roughly chopped
- 100g smoked sausage cut into strips (leave this out if you don’t want meat)
- 1 large Gherkin cut into half-moons
- 1 boiled egg cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp capers
Ingredients for the dressing
- 4 table spoons Mayonnaise
- 4 table spoons pickling liquid from the gherkins
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- white pepper
- sea salt
Stir together into a fairly thin sauce and season generously, the potatoes will soak up the liquid and flavour.
Mix everything together in a big bowl.
Right now it will look like the sauce is to thin, but after leaving the Salad to sit for at least 4 hours in the fridge, it will be just perfect.
It is best if the potatoes are still warm, it will help them soak up the dressing and become yummy scrummy.