I never really ate scallops in a big way before, I must admit to not understanding the huge appeal. However, the other day I had dinner at a restaurant, and their scallops were AMAZING! So, in honour of them here’s a recipe to try.
- 8 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Slices of serrano ham
- 8 Scallops, with their shells
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 5 Sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 0.5 Red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7.
- Heat 6 tablespoons olive oil in a small frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the ham until it’s crispy. Set the slices aside on kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil.
- Mix together the salt, garlic, parsley, chilli and lemon juice. Put the scallops in their shells on a baking tray. Distribute the parsley mixture between the scallops. You don’t need much, otherwise you’ll overwhelm the flavour of the shellfish. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Place a slice of ham over each scallop and serve immediately with fresh bread to mop up the delicious juices.
Truely gorgeous, and they look nice served on the shells if you have any.